Handmade With Love ~ Bead & Wire Jewelry

What's NewEarringsNecklacesGemstone PendantsWire & Bead Jewelry Main PageBracelets, Etc.The CrowladyContact Us

About Gold Filled Wire, Shipping, etc.

 

The Facts about 14 Kt. Gold Filled Jewelry

You should not mistake Gold Filled Jewelry for cheap thin GOLD PLATING. There is a very big difference.

Golf Filled Wire (also called Rolled Gold) has 100 times the amount of gold as gold plate!

Gold Filled is Fine Jewelry material, and will last a lifetime. I use it because it makes good, lifetime and heirloom quality jewelry affordable.

There are a lot more people that can afford a $50 gold filled pendant than can afford a $500 solid gold pendant, and both will last a lifetime!

14/20 Gold Filled wire creates high fashion jewelry at a fraction of the cost and is extremely appealing because there has always been a love affair and a fascination with gold.

There is 100 times more gold in 14 kt. gold filled than in gold plate.

A 14/20 Gold Filled pendant is usually considered a lifetime piece of jewelry.

Sterling Silver is 92.5% solid silver with alloy metals making up the other 7.5%. This makes it harder and more durable.

The best way to take care of your piece of jewelry is to do it the way you would any of your jewelry. You must remember to take into consideration the softness or hardness of your stone and clean accordingly. Keep your piece separate from your other jewelry so it does not get nicked or scratched. It is also best to keep it in a small plastic bag sealed tightly or in a box with cotton in it. Keeping it this way will help to cut down on tarnish as the air can not get to it as easily

 

 

Shipping Charges

One pair of earrings is $1.50 (sent in a bubble mailer by USPS)

Orders under $50.00 are $5.50

Orders from $50.00 to $74.00 are $7.00

Orders $75.00 to $99.00 are $9.00

Orders over $100.00 are $12.00
Any order over $50.00 insurance is included in the shipping charge.
All USA orders are shipped Priority Mail 2 to 3 business days.
 
 
Orders are shipped the next day except for orders received on Friday or Saturday.
They will be shipped first thing Monday morning